Thursday, January 29, 2009

Things..

Sometimes I don't really understand people who have no ambition or drive to try and be better than they were the day before. Working somewhere like Hollywood Video and Blockbuster has given me the opportunity to meet people who live a lifestyle I have never been able to even begin to understand. One person lives in a house with about 9 other people, sleeps all day, parties every weekend, and works when he has to. That's his whole existence. He doesn't want a better job, he's never wanted to go to college, he doesn't have any clear goals he wants to accomplish before he dies, he just lives this lifestyle where he sleeps and parties. I don't understand that. Not that I necessarily have to or that I judge him for choosing to live the way he lives, but I just don't understand it. What motivates him to get out of bed in the late afternoon? I would not want to be alive.

I have a greater appreciation for my roommates every day. I love that we all come from pretty different backgrounds and have discussions about all different things. I continue to learn more and more and from them and I can feel myself beginning to change (in good ways) by trying to look through their experiences. Growing up is an interesting thing.

I need to take walks. I need to take walks. I need to take walks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i need to hug you so badly.

sigh.

my iron is so low that last night, i dreamed about cheeseburgers.

i am tired but happy.

i love you:)