Friday, October 24, 2008

"It's a leap of faith, Jack"

Yup, you guessed it, I'm still watching Lost.

Today has been one of the better days I've had in a long time. I feel so confident about my life choices and Portland and it's just been so nice to hear.

I've also gotten some crazy news from my New Hampshire buds about things going on in their lives. I'm just overwhelmed with how quickly time goes by. When I first met Tracy, she said all she wanted was to live alone with tons of cats, and now? Well now she's engaged to the love of her life, her best friend, the one we all knew she was going to get married to. So next August it looks like I'm going to watch my two best friends in my life get married to each other. Just the thought of it makes me tear up, good Lord help me on the day of the wedding. There are various other things going on that I won't mention in a public blog, but it's just so crazy. We seemed to have grown up so fast and I feel like I wish i could go back to the days when I was absolutely ridiculously immature working in the kitchen, saying and doing stupid things, and learning so much about who I am. As awful as the work at camp was, I would never ever ever take any of that back. These people have ended up being the people who have stuck by me through everything. (excluding college buddies, i'm talking people who have known me since high school). There is only one person (basically) that I'm in relatively close contact with, and it's not surprising who it is.

I've really been enjoying my rest and relaxation time, but I'm ready to be so busy that I can't even think straight. I miss having class all day, about an hour of time to myself, then spending all night doing theatre. I miss being a part of something interactive and unpredictable and live. I miss the connections that you make with people in a situation like that. And most of all, I miss the whole crowd of people who made college awesome for me. But I know I have to move on. I know it's time for me to grow up. I'm just sad to leave that part of my life behind. It's just such an awesome part of my life.

I wish I had more insightful things to say. Maybe I will once I get out to Portland and start experiencing new things. Like naked bicycle riding. :)

Remember when there was never anything serious to worry about? Like when we were about 10 years old and the worst thing that could happen is the other kids at school being mean to us. Well, I've lived a very blessed life that that was the worst thing that could happen to me and I am thankful, but I still miss that. Apparently I'm ridiculously nostalgic today. I blame Lost.

One week. One week. One week and my life is going to completely change.
I'm ready.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know...as far as growing up? who says that can't look exactly like we want it to;). me being grown up looks a lot like me in college, only with negative money. and a broader perspective.

also, i do the same with you, referencing your comment;) i love that. and i love you so dearly.

man i saw the most beautiful show tonight about human relationships, human fuck ups, human redemption...absolutely beautiful. hahaha i was the only one who stood in the audience but i don't care, i thought it was spectacular.

i miss you dearly. remember, if you ever make a lot of money and can come visit, there's a place for you...and a lot of rice...