Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mad Chemistry

So today felt like i was back in college again.
You know, back in the day when I had 3 jobs, full course load, and various productions to work on.
Back in the day when homework was something I did at 3 in the morning.
Back in the day where most of my time was spent in the theatre or in Burgess' room or in the union.
Back in the day when I was so busy that taking a 10 minute nap felt like Jesus had come back to sing me to sleep.
Back in the day when my biggest concern was how I was going to finish my Bible project and my Theatre History project on time.

I think I have learned to do better at no doing much. I don't feel like I've wasted a day if I go on a walk or clean my room or just do something productive. I don't have to accomplish a million things a day and squeeze in a diner run in order to feel like life is slipping away.

I think it's a combination of west coast living and elizabeth powers that has helped teach me that not everyday has to be full of activity. Sometimes it's much more wondrous to slow down a little and take time for myself.

Class was awesome tonight. I felt like I really put myself out there and I took some risks and I had so much FUN. No panic attacks, no getting lost on the way to the theatre, no crying, just FUN. which is what I needed.

I'm really looking forward to the next couple days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY for no fear and being your amazing beautiful riveting self!!!!:D